CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Did You Know ?

I didn't know that we as future teachers must embrace technology in our classroom as a primary source of information for the sake of our students and ourselves. Last week we have been working on finishing our WebQuest, getting ready to do our presentations, our Teacher works example, and our Curriculum Backward Design. The most interesting thing of all is that in ALL of them we have to use the Web Wide World in order to fulfill
our requirements.

Last Tuesday, one of our Counselors brought to our attention the Key Assignments List. To my surprise was that she emphasised that we must have it in universal digital format and saved in more that 5 places so that we wont loose our Key Assignments because we will need all of them for our final portfolio.....TECHNOLOGY.

Then, Our Social Studies and Curriculum Design also made emphasis on the use of technology with each lesson plan, if n
ot, we have to give a detailed reason why we are not using it. Then, when i went to visit my coop
erative teacher, she said: "Lets keep contact thru email..." and we my classmate partner and myself got out our Ipods to write her email. Not to mention how I have survive with my class assignments because of google docs.

We are living in a technology High Speed Internet/High Tech WORLD. As future teachers we must keep ourselves updated with the latest technology t
o educated our future generation.

Four years ago, teachers did not have SmartBoard in
their classrooms, at least in my children schools,
now that is the latest thing in that school. Two years ago, teachers did not have extra computers in the classroo
ms for the students to use as play time after assignments are done. Now, my second grader son have in his classroom 2 computers to use and play a monster math computer game once he and his classmates are done with their assignments. I now that because my fourth grader (now) had the same teacher as his brother have right now.

Technology is like a train at full speed without brakes.....To infinity and beyond!!!!

Just to make my point, I happened to find a video in TeacherTube that really reinforce what I have been thinking and experiencing this past week. The name of the Vide
o is "Did you know...." This video talks about how technology will be growing up to the point that a person right know working
on a 4 year degree, the material from the first year will be old and wasted by the third of his/her degree. It also talks about how Engla
nd is one the most well educated with the latest information, and the most well organize country in the world; and how much money other countries spend in education and also in technology.

To me, this information is an eye opening learning experience and change of mind setting. Many people think that once you have survive the first year of teaching, you do not have to worry about learning anything new because you will be teaching the same curriculum over and over again thru the years. But that is no true. If I want to be a good teacher who wants to make a difference in our students and our future generation, I must keep myself well train by learning what is new out there to teach and learn.

I must teach my students all the tools available for them to succeed and the most important of all... I must teach my students to keep seeking for new ways to discover the world by learning as much as they can everyday because the knowledge that they get in school is just the basics skills for that moment and the next year or even day things can change and they need to keep learning to keep up with the world...I think that is the best concept (Pedagogy) that I can teach my students.

For that reason I want to share this video with all of you...Click on the link below to see what am I talking about.
Did You Know - by Karl Fisch

0 comments: