CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

WebQuest..Here I come!!!!!!



This week is been way different than weeks before. Mid-term assignments (some) were due, long nights without much sleep, maybe 3 hours of sleep but I survived the train-wreck. I had two classes in which a 5-pages and 7-pages papers were due, lesson plans, class presentations, and WebQuest assignments plus vidcast/podcast due. Yes, It was pretty busy and overwhelm week.

To my amazement things with my WebQuest group did a 360 turn around change. I am so happy with that, because I can see and feel that I am doing and learning about this assignment. WebQuest assignment is fun and very interesting assignment so far. I really like the idea to create something that others can use to enhance and/or support their teachings or learning process. While working on the teacher's page, my mind was running like crazy thinking of the well-designed paragraphs that we need to construct in order to "sell" meaning convince other teachers that our WebQuest is well designed and well-structured. It will be great if we can be that successful!!



Imaging how much fun, interactive, educational, and time saving a WebQuest could be. Students right now in this era, are very technological oriented. They want to be part of the "Wide World Web" Students at any age are exposed to computers and all source of technologies. Teachers must use those type of technology to caught student's curiosity.

Working in this assignment have taught me to be more creative with technology. Every time I am designing lesson plans, I am also thinking how can I integrate Either or creative arts
and technology. I use google to find ideas or activities that I can use to make my lesson plans more effective, fun, and possibly satisfy my students needs. I use technology to make my lesson plans why not make my students to use technolo
gy to do their homework assignments or projects.

One examples of that are YouTube.com and TeacherTube.com. I used TeacherTube and TeacherTube to find videos to create a lesson plan in Social Studies (I am Bill). I also used YouTube to find folks music to create a lesson plan about Water cycle with the song (She'll be comin around the Mountain).

Technology applications are limitless, you CAN and MUST use websites to create WebQuest to create your lesson plan and make your students play "video games" interactive websites games that are educational and that they will help your students get ready for a test without them knowing.

The video for this week is a fun, colorful, and interesting video that can make you
sing and even dance. The Noun Video, has a really contagious rithmn and teaches you about noun; it even gives you examples. This video is great for 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th grade. I will use that video to introduce Nouns in language art unit. I really like it because you can memorize the concept and example of nouns with that song and dance to it.

Because I like it a lot I want to share it in my blog. For those who do not know what am I talking about, click in Noun Video to see it, listen to it, and dance to the tune.....Enjoy!!!

0 comments: