CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Quest to WebQuest!!!




This past week was a challenging quest. I have try to work and get ahead with some my classes and trying to caught up with others. However, things don't work REALLY as you wanted to, in most cases!!!!
In my WebQuest project, I have been working on rubrics and websites that we can use as links to our PowerPoint, possible layouts, and so on. Yet my teammates don't consider my ideas most of the time but.......Oh well, I will be working my ways up to I'll annoying them and maybe they will listen......Enough with that let's get back to business.

I am so amazing with WebQuest. Every week I discovery new things that we as teacher can use or even do by ourselves with technology and to make a Webquest. This past week I have been planing to make an
Webquest on my own and seeking for new fun ideas to incorporate in the Wequest that our
team is working with. I have found out that you can even I add such sound effect and link to cool websites and between itself link to different pages. and such much more.

I really like that we, novice or future teachers have the opportunity not only use USOE, CATUS, and/or UEN as guidance and support to teaching, but to use technology to find materials, ideas, information, even lesson plans, and Webquest that other experience teachers had put together before. I must say that putting a Webquest is a long journey and it involve a lot of thinking and planning but it is fun once it is done.

If we teacher use technology to enrich our students learning experience, we are preparing the High Tech
professional of the future. I just can't imaging, we and if the time comes when we a laptop for each student instead of only crayon and paper
to do their homework assignments. If that could be the case, our students would be very creative and well prepare for the future because that is what we will become HIGH TECH WORLD, were technology will be the way to do anything. Yes, it is necessary that we humans control them, make them, and update them. Therefore, teachers must do their work, meaning teaching with the best and later material out there and the best technology content available today...Starting NOW.

The world as it is now, it is a High Tech world. Children


from second grade now what is Gmail, a blog, Facebook, an email, and more. My second grade son asked me to help him to get an Gmail account because one of his best friend move to Spanish fork and he wants to write to him often. At that age, I didn't even knew what was a computer. Just imaging what a first grader will ask in 10 or 20 years from now.

I know that using WebQuest will satisfies their need or thirst for feeling smart (psychological need), their need of belonging (self-steam), their need for fun and happiness. And will add, t
heir need or right to know what is expect from them in the future and be able to be ready for it.

Believe in Me? by Daton Sherman. I really enjoy that video because it reminds me what important it is that believe in our students, school system, colleagues, and specially in ourselves. We need to understand that our future students might only have US as a love and caring image, they might see us or expect us to believe on them not matter what. They see us, evaluate us, check our honesty, ethics, charisma, love, dedication, and even how we act or respond not only toward themselves but other classmates.

The best part or my favorite part is that he is or look like elementary student, and he was talking like a 50-year old experience professional speaker. I really loved it, Dalton reminded me how important it is to believe in our students, believe that they can rich their higher potential no matter their skin color, their disabilities, or even how they behave. This video should be show at a graduation ceremony so that all of us NEW TEACHER. This video will carved an important message in our brain of what our future students will expect from us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAMLOnSNwzA

Thank you for sharing this video with us Doctor Waters.

0 comments: