CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 25, 2009

The Theme of The Year, All Year arround




This week it been the most rollercoaster many classes are overlapping like never before, but its all good. Every time a professor mention how close it’s our student teaching assignment my heart starts pounding like crazy of excitement and frightens feelings at the same time.

Teaching is an amazing profession!!!!!

I said that because involves so many aspects and knowledge of real lifelong experience and professional training that a person can use in the future. To become a good Teacher, we have to know about Educational Psychology, Classroom management, Creative Arts, Instructional Media, Social Studies, Foundation of American Education, and curriculum design. …so far!!!

But the most interesting thing this week was that all the classes content starting to overlap. For Curriculum Design I had to make an Inquiry model lesson plan where I had to “teach” my students with this lesson plan model about the Solar System. It was fun and lots of work to put all the material together for that lesson plan’s activity on paper.

Then, two days later I learned to make a WebQuest, which is an Inquiry based lesson ON THE WEB!!!!!!!!!!! Now, we are talking. I am so excited about this assignment because I will be able to make something that the students will enjoy for sure to work on because it is Game-like lesson plan and It will set on the Web so that anybody who wanted to use; they can. Besides that, the assessment will be easy to do and collect. We as group are working

to make a Detective type of WebQuest where our stud

ents must match and find out about the pictures and the culture of that particular country the that particular picture they pick to investigate. Atleast that is the idea. I love it !!

I can’t wait until our WebQuest is done. I think that Webquest offers many ways to make use of the technology to make for example Social Studies, Language Arts or even Science very interesting. Thinking about the now what, I believe that I can make a WebQuest for Mathematics, especially for story problem, where the students can use the Web to find possible clues to figure their answers. I know that it is too soon to determine how much and what can I achieve with WebQuest because we just have Lesson 1, but I saw some WebQuest that they even have sound effects too!! That is legit!!!

Also, Creative Arts

with Psychology, Social Studies, and Classroom Management are also intertwine with each other. They are also talking how students learn, schema, CPS (Creative Problem Solution), Piaget's, Multiple Intelligence and dance, which makes us happy, and we are happy we can learn much more or better. I love to dance and learn that I can teach my future students core curriculum with dance or creative movements, I am thrill.

I think later or at the end of the semester it will make sense why they all want us to learn some of the same concepts with all the teachers. But for now I think that between Instructional Media, Social Studies, and Creative Arts I am set for life. Meaning I think I will be able to survive my first 3 years of my courier. The reason why? It is because children love to have fun, I do like to have fun...children will learn more an environment where they feel love, accepted, and cared, and where discovery is the Theme of the year!!!

My choice video for this week it's call Team work with Ben Franklin form teachertube.com. It teaches how "Ben Franklin" learned by seen the sailors at the Harbor working together as team to get ship ready to go in an adventure. Ben tells the story to the children (Dressing like the real Benjamin Franklin), the class is in a circle and Ben did an activity where everyone was singing with energy and pulling, at the same time, the sail up to the top. I like that type of activity where the children get involve in the learning progress. I really enjoy this video.

Click below to see it, enjoy.

Teamwork with Ben Franklin



0 comments: