CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Strength & My Weaknesses


I do have a general knowledge about computer software and a great love for technology. I understand some software and hardware structure and how it could be use in a classroom as educational media. I have designed some websites and educational tools to enhance my students learning experiences with interactive activities and assessments. I also understand the impact that technology has in our society and the legal and human issues that come with it. However, Technology is always updating by the minute. Whatever you have learned one month, it might not be good or valid the next month.

I have little knowledge in tools and applications for diverse learners, Excel, video conferences, and electronic informational. Also, I do not know much about resources for adaptive assistive devices for students with special needs. I am not really familiar wit technology systems (hardware) and equipment operator, and how to use and teach my students internet safety, instructional tool uses, and legal issues. And I know that if want my students to learn the latest technology tool and be able to be successful on the cyber world, I must get trained continually.

My main goal is to get trained technology and learned as I can before I start teaching. I have found 2 workshops from UEN that can help me with my weakness and reinforce


my present knowledge about technology. Interactive Video Conferencing- Delivery Systems Training: Technical and site facilitation training for IVC facilitators. Instruction on equipment operation, basic troubleshooting, and site management delivered through face-to-face training, video conferences, and web-based materials. And ITC Workshops: Integrating Technology and Curriculum Workshop - 3 day survey course designed to introduce K-12 educators to technology tools and their instructional uses. These type of training will help me to get help that I need and keep me updated in technology throughout my career.

0 comments: