CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 20, 2009

Twilight..... of my Field Experience!

One of the definition of twilight is: A condition of decline following successes. This definition describe my feelings about this field experience. I never thought that I would enjoy this time so much. This past week have been working on my relationship with students, classroom management, identifying possible technology application, and psychology applications to understand my role as a teacher.


Even though, all this activities are focus on the assignments that I have to do for my fin
al, I really have the opportunity to get to know Ms. Clayson's class. It have been an amazing experience, I have experienced the joy of being a tutor, a guide, an mother like, a "friend", a "cool teacher", a "psychologist", and more . I feels like the twilight of my field experience is nigh.

I felt that there is more to do in that classroom. I wish or cooperative teacher keep waking up and make her classroom a more interactive and excited place to be. I know that is a hard job to do. There so much to do.
But teacher uses their time more efficient, students will enjoy to be there and be inspire to learn. I have been helping an student that need extra help and attention. I have put in practice what I have learned in psychology, for example, making accommodations and teaching techniques to help her. She have been neglected since kindergarten. She does not have been in resources not eve
n she does not have an IEP. The teacher still working to putting the referral for that student.

In the meantime, I have been looking information and learning more about her conditions and ways to help her through internet. I cannot explain how grateful I am for technology and the WWW. Whatever, Wherever, Whenever I need help or questions about learning processes or lesson plans, translate material in Spanish, or just to look a video clip of the new TWILIGHT Saga movie, I am a click away from my computer or my phone. And yes! I have done it between my way to make copies in the media room or lunch time.

I really have enjoy this time as student-teacher. I know that the end is coming very soon. And I wish that we
(my team teacher and I ) have done a good job there. Not only teaching but reaching out to those students that need hel
p,or learning how to read or do some math problem but making them feel important, smart, and love.

My goal as a teacher is to remember this type of experience once I am formally teaching in my own classroom. Remember these first students, their faces, their needs, and their special and unique needs. Because that will help me to be a better teacher. Someone who cares and love their students.

I feel somewhat sad that I am almost done.....I accomplished many good things in there. The students that we have been working with, she have been smiling (more) than crying (like it was in the beginning of my days there). This week we have been talking to the cooperative teacher to make new accommodations such as: seating strategies, a learning journal in which the student will receive stickers everyday and prices at the end of the week. I make that journal and suggested it!!!!!!!!!! Right there in the classroom on my computer!!!!!!!

I am so grateful for this experience and for the time that I have to work with these wonderful set of students!!! That is why I feel that my Twilight of my field experience is near.....!
And the best movie ever....too!!!!!


0 comments: