CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 23, 2010

None of Us is Ever Through Striving


Invested Teachers Exemplify the Pursuit of Excellence. This quote should we our creed. We are the example that those students are looking up to. Our students come to our classroom with the hope that they will be love, respected, accepted, valuable, empowered, and challenged. We must teach and expect excellence by providing things and knowledge that they to succeed in our classroom, and therefore, in their lives.

“I must treat you with dignity” Dignity is the gateway to self-esteem and self-efficacy. To me dignity is heart of caring. When you treat someone with dignity, you are assuring him/her that they are important and valuable, and that you care about their success.

“I want to be a leader in creating a place where each of you becomes more keenly aware of responsibilities in yourself, the people around you, and the power of knowledge. In this place I want us to find together a good way to live.”

I love this quote because it really describe what I really want to create in my classroom…find TOGETHER a good way to live. I know it would not be easier but if I strive for this goal, my students will be enjoy learning, they will become good citizen/mothers/fathers/brothers/sisters… and the most important… they will be empowered to be the future GREAT leaders and of this wonderful Nation.

I really want to show and demonstrate my students a noble love. I want to be that changed heart teacher (“Mrs. Thompson” in the story of the little boy named Teddy Stallard). No the one who enjoy marking a big red “F” in his paper. http://makeadifferencemovie.com/

I want to be a teacher whose students seen her as friend or the mother that they never had or loss (for some reason) I would like to see or hear from my students succeeds in the future and be there always.

“Love for students just as they are—without any drive or advantage toward a future—is false love, enervating and disabling.” (Ayres, Klonsky, & Lyon, 2000, pp.2-3).

1 comments:

Genan said...

Excellence and success do have a clear link to being treated with dignity.