CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Magic of Morning Meeting Has a Name Sylvia Allan!!!!




It never occurred me how INCREDIBLE AND AMAZING Morning Meetings could be. Sylvia Allan is an awe-inspiring person. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to listened and learned from her.

Sylvia taught me how important it is
to held Morning Meetings. Morning Meetings could be the key factor for the students' learning process. In deed, Morning Meetings can solve almost ANY behavioral and/or classroom management issues in our classrooms. I really love each component of Morning Meeting. In fact, each component is a vital factor to create a community in or classrooms; in which each student will feel welcome, love, and the most important, empower.


My favorite component is Class Business. How clever terms "Vegetables, Desserts
and.....Medicine." Even under these terms used to manage a classroom, we can teach and revisit the definition of Health concepts. How brilliant!
It was amazing to learned how her students did not know what "the medicine" was, but they were so sad and scared of the idea of have it.

That brings me to how important it is to hold our students accountable for their behaviors, set high expectations, and make them to be part of the decision making in our classroom. This strategy help the students to be critical thinkers, well behave, and even problem solving.


In classroom Meetings, students learn and practice Literacy terms, reading skills, language arts skills, comprehension skills, memorization, and social skills. Additionally, the students and the teacher have the opportunity to learn from each other, respect each other, accept each other, and love grows in the classroom... And it Only takes about 20 minutes. The best 20 minutes of our days as teachers, and the best 20 minutes of their life..everyday. This is an investment.

Other aspect that made a big impression on me was the classification of storms to identify misunderstanding or issues in school and therefore, in life. This is big! I didn't know that elementary students could manage their emotions themselves. It really made me feel that it is possible to find the light at the end of tunnel or a rainbow after a storm when it comes to classroom management and real life experiences.

Again, I am so glad that we had Principal Allan shared her Magic of Morning Meeting with us...with me. Now I feel that I really can do this,be a teacher, especially with older classes, special needs, and ELL students.


What in amazing opportunity to teach so many important and vital social skills that are not part of the core curriculum. I loved it!!





Morning Meetings means happy students. And happy students means classroom ready to learn.


Please, Doctor Anderson, tell Sylvia Allan how grateful I am or we are for this Amazing fountain of knowledge that she shared with us.


And Thank you Doctor Anderson for giving us the best of the best sources.






1 comments:

Genan said...

I agree that Sylvia's visit is the most amazing learning experience we have all year. She is so kind and gracious in sharing her limited time.