CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's Starting to Sound Like Teaching.....!




It is amazing to me how this week went. Now all the classes are starting to integrate as one. All of them are talking in terms of Backward Design, Direct instruction, lesson plans, groups or team's
 assignments, teaching, classroom managements...
 AWWWWWW!!I think I going crazy! 
The Truth is, I am feeling the pressure but I love all the stuff that what I am learning. Being a teacher is not a piece a cake but it is an amazing and important job. Teachers really can make a different in this world. Whatever we do as a teacher, it has an impact in our society and in the world. Yet it is not the best pay job in the world but it is the most rewarding job in the world.
Thinking about what I have learned this past week, I must say that I am so grateful for technology.
All my groups assignments that I am doing now are with different partners. Thus, GOOGLE DOCS is my best friend ever; my lifesaver.I am doing all my projects in Google Docs. That is amazing!!!

Google Docs are the most amazing tool available for teachers, students, and even other professional around the globe. Or whoever have access to google. I have PowerPoint project (Classroom Rules, and Part of a les
son plan for Social Studies), lesson plans for Curriculum design and Arts, and so on. I couldn't do this without Google Docs.
 I only have a few minutes here and there to do my homework that is why I am so grateful for it. Now they new gadget added to organize my student's life...IGoogle. This is an amazing gadget because I can have all my classes websites in ONE stop.
I can't imaging how much helpful all this material coming
 together won't make the best teacher I can be. I can use collaborate my lesson plans, or my projects or essays with my colleagues at anytime or even tutor my students or others teachers online. Not only that but there are so many websites such as the Jordan School District, Nara.org, xpedition, teachertube, and more. All of them full of lesson plans, ideas, links and more...What a wonderful world.
Talking about Teachertube, I watch two videos that really enjoy. one was 50 States and Capitals (cartoon song) which it was fun and educational.. I will use this for learning and reviewing the States and Capitals. I can imaging my students learning them and having fun because it has a really fun rhythm. and the other one was
 Incorporating physical Activity in the Classroom, in which we learn about having a spin wheel with ideas for doing physical activity in the classroom. Which it is a great idea for motive our students to stay active. I love both of them. By the way, I posted them on my facebook!!!  

I know as teacher, we have to be updated with the latest knowledge and technology. To have the opportunity to being taught all these classes now, it really opens up my curiosity of what is coming in the next semesters. I can't wait. But at the same time, I am worry about not been prepare in November
 when it is time for me to go out to teach on my student teaching field experience. Not because of my professors or the material, because they all are amazing, but I am worry about myself absorbing all of the
 knowledge....But I am determine to do my best to learn and be prepare when the time comes. 

0 comments: